Friday, May 2, 2008

A Change of Plans

During the formation of this list The Best Friend and I realized that there was a distinct possibility that during the course of 1001 days changes may need to be made to the list. Things would become impossible or obsolete, or perhaps something would occur to us and become so important it is crazy it never got added to the list in the first place.

Well, though only 122 days have passed I am taking my first 101 mulligan. With the best of intentions I documented that I was going to send a care package to Professor Tarzan during his stint in Iraq. However, his year long stay in the depths of turmoil is thankfully almost complete. My own personal to do list is to go back down to college and see him as soon as he steps back onto American soil. However, there is no need for this on the 101.

Therefore, I will be replacing this item with the new task of setting up a rainy day fund that consists of at least a three month salary cushion. Through high school I was always a big saver, then college hit and those lovely years after where I started paying off debt and the saving habit fell into the abyss. However, I think it is fine time for me to get into full I'm-a-grown-up-now mode and start saving again. This is not going to be a task that is completed anytime in the near future, but its on here now and so it's time to start working and saving.

No comments: