Wednesday, April 23, 2008

37. Be at a job one full year



Time really flies when you're having fun. For the first time in my life I can say that I have been at a single full-time job for an entire year. I'm not sure, but I believe that being at a "real" professional job for this length of time bestows upon me some sort of title relating to that very special place that I spend an enormous amount of time. If this true, which I am not ready to concede, then I am a librarian.

However, recently, I have come to dub myself Queen of the Nerds. Part of this may be to the fact that this lovely public institution is slowly altering my mind. Anyone who has worked in a public library can attest to the fact that every day one comes dangerously close to the edge of mind-numbing.

Lucky for me, and possibly to the chagrin of the upper echelons of the library food chain, I was placed in an office in the far reaches of the library, away from all other signs of life. There with me is "Conan the Librarian." Conan and I made up the under 30 crowd here at the library, until he went and turned 30 on me. But we still find mischief to unfurl and feed into each other's slacker mentality from time to time. He is also responsible for pushing me into the pool of Nerd with my clothes on. And so it is from here, that I diligently update my blog in html coding, seek to change css on my myspace page, and use words that are far too big for me.

1 comment:

TheGhost said...

embrace your inner nerd. before you know it you'll be checking out the re-released star wars trilogy and complaining about all the revisions from the original theatrical releases.