Sunday, May 30, 2010

59. Go to California


This list has been about broadening my horizons, but figuratively and literally. When I visited my friend K. in Houston, Texas, I traveled further west than I had ever been. Almost a year later, I flew to Colorado, branching out even further west. And, then, at the beginning of May, I traveled as far west as possible while staying in the continental United States... hello, San Francisco!

View from the street car

When I accepted the position that I currently hold, I was informed that there would be some traveling. I couldn't wait! So, when my first trip was scheduled for San Francisco, California on May 3, I was so excited. In addition to being a successful trip work-wise, I was able to tour the city and see some sites on my own.


This was a new experience all the way around. A new place, a new time zone, and a new feel. Never before, I had I traveled for work, or gone off exploring in a completely unfamiliar area all by myself. It was sort of empowering and made me realize that I am officially a grown up now. And I think I can handle it.

Visiting San Francisco got me excited for more traveling, both for work and for play.

1 comment:

Katie W... said...

Empowering? How awesome! And totally exciting :)