Monday, April 5, 2010

84. Give a friend a fabulous surprise gift

So Harry Potter book club day with the girls was just full of fabulousness! First the cake, and then the presents. It did happen to be KW and KB's birthdays, but, for the record, I am still counting these as surprise gifts. KB and I have known each other for almost 20 years now (haha wow, that is just scary), and have never really done the birthday gift thing. KW and I have just become friends (yay new friends!) so I'm not sure there was any sort of gift giving expectation. Therefore, surprise gifts. Now on to the fabulousness.

I am a huge fan of Etsy.com. While reading a blog one day I came across these awesome prints available on Etsy. I knew KW had to have them! And what a perfect time to give them to her. Just a couple days later, I remembered a conversation I had with KB about aprons. I really wanted to make her one, but didn't think my sewing skills were quite up to par with what I had in mind. Enter Etsy yet again to save the day.


All in all, I think both ladies were surprised and I was happy to give them something that I hope they both enjoy. It was also nice to celebrate the coming together of friends both new and old!

No comments: