Thursday, January 24, 2008

73. Have mom and sister over for dinner

So last night, more on a whim than anything else, I invited Mother and Fabulous Sister over for dinner. It started off mildly catastrophic as I rushed in the house 30 minutes before the scheduled dinner time, realized that only 2 of the 3 chicken breasts were thawed and the rice recipe called for milk, which I did not have. I also spilled bread crumbs all over the counter and quickly realized that rushing was going to get me no further than a very messy kitchen.

In the end dinner was delightful. Nothing spectacular, just some chicken, parmesan and herb rice, corn, and wheat rolls. But tasty none the less. And it was great to finally have mom and S. over for dinner in the not so new house. Hey so it took five months?

This is also getting me rolling on yet another task on the 101 list:
57. Keep my dining room table clear for eating for two weeks.

It's only been three days on that front... but we're getting there people!

No comments: