Friday, August 14, 2009

94. Have a yard sale and donate everything that doesn't sell

This was a hard one to know exactly when to mark off. When I moved last November I donated a TON of stuff that I new I wouldn't need, didn't want, and that someone else could probably really use. I got rid of a ton of appliances, clothes, decorating stuff, you name it. The rest of my belongings went into storage. But since I never actually had a yard sale, I didn't mark this off.

And so, in preparation for the upcoming move into my own place in the city (woohoo!) I decided it was time to clean out the storage unit. No point in moving stuff that I wasn't going to use. Add to that the fact that my free weekend coincided with the annual Route 11 Yard Crawl (quite the event), I decided to go for it. So I slapped on some price tags and set up shop with my aunt and grandmother for the day.

What a success this was. I sold everything except three CDs and made about $100. Not to mention everything is now in a much better home, as opposed to collecting dust and getting shoved around move after move. I haven't gotten to donating the three CDs but considering the mass donation that went BEFORE the yard sale, I will consider this task checked off!

1 comment:

Katie W... said...

This is a pretty awesome task to complete! And almost everything was sold, congratualtions!!!