Thursday, July 2, 2009

17. Go back to school

When I wrote down "go back to school" the original thought for me, and my family and most people who knew me, was that I would go back to law school. Interestingly enough though, when I made the list I didn't say "go back to law school"... I guess I knew that was still not a given for me. In the past two years I have hashed and re-hashed the pros and cons of going back to school in general and law school in particular. What it came down to was I just simply could not picture myself as a lawyer or doing lawyerly type jobs. And law school is A LOT of money and A LOT of effort, and if your heart isn't in it, well, it's just not worth it. So after much sighing and eventually a sigh of relief, I kicked law school off the docket.

But I still had this task on my 101 and I still felt the need to keep on moving, and keep on getting educated in... well... something! After some deliberation and discussion with the people who know me and love me best, I came to the conclusion that something in the medical field would suit me quite well. This was something I had contemplated long ago, but being a burnt-out college kid, I didn't want to go back and take the necessary prerequisites to make this a reality.

Now, the time has come. I can take some classes part time, get in the prerequisites and in that time, decide what exact path I will take afterward. I am officially registered at the local community college and so in August, I shall be going back to school!

No comments: