Thursday, October 16, 2008

99. Buy a more gas efficient vehicle.

Even before I was able to drive I wanted a Jeep Wrangler. I have no idea why, though the big tires, and the ability to take half the vehicle off and drive around was certainly appealing. And so, a little over a year ago, while on my way to work I drove past the Jeep dealership and so the vehicle of my dreams (or so I thought). By the next day I had my very own Jeep.
The Jeep certainly came in handy, pulling trailers and floats, enjoying nice days with the top off, and the four-wheel drive in bad weather. But, I soon found, as with all things, my Jeep and I did not have a blissful relationship as it seemed. For one, the top was much more difficult to take off than I had hoped. There was absolutely no storage area either, so unless I was hauling it behind, it wasn't coming with me. And then there was the gas issue, which ultimately, was the deal breaker.

With the economy at a low and gas prices getting high, I knew it was time to say good bye to the Jeep. And so last week, I finally took the plunge and found myself a new, more gas efficient vehicle. I had been looking online and after much debate I settled on the Honda Civic because really who can argue with a Honda? The end result of my search was 2006 Honda Civic and I must say I love it! I had a few things that I had put on my mental list of things I wanted in a new car and have gotten them all including a sunroof, radio controls on the steering wheel, a large trunk, and comfy adjustable seats. All good stuff. I must say that I am very pleased and am even more pleased each time I go to the fuel pump (not an easy emotion these days!). I hope to have this car for a very long time.


No comments: