Thursday, October 16, 2008

21. Paint a picture that I will display in my house.


As part of The Best Friend and my 101 Weekend we visited a craft store and got the supplies to paint the pictures we would display in our homes (this was a task we had both added to our lists). I am no painter, but I decided this could be fun and if it turned out somewhat decently I would have an inexpensive, homemade decoration in my home.

The day I left for the Best Friend's apartment, I received an art catalog and decided to flip through it for some ideas (as I had no idea what I wanted to paint). I found a painting somewhat similar to the one I ended up with, but really just used the idea as a springboard. I ended up with my little autumn tree with red and pink leaves that will match my living room decor. The swirls were The Best Friend's idea as I was slightly hesitant in leaving the entire background blank.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my painting (which ended up costing less than $10 and took under an hour). Who knows, maybe there will be more to come!

No comments: