Wednesday, March 19, 2008

47. Visit K. and D. in Houston




So I finally did it... did a little jet setting and stole away for a few days on a much needed vacation. The flight seemed to take forever, and a layover in Chicago didn't help that aspect much but there were no smelly people or screaming children so the trip was overall satisfactory. This also gave me a chance to finally use the posh luggage I bought myself as a graduation present a couple years ago. It had been used but never been airborne so I'm sure it was as excited as I was about the trip.

My Beautiful Christian Friend and The Wonderful Husband were there to greet me when I arrived at Hobby Airport. After a few days I realized Houston was not at all what I had expected. It was not a city populated by the Bush family, but a New York City of sorts that just happened to be in the midwest.

It was great to spend time with My Beautiful Christian Friend and The Wonderful Husband and their too-cute-for-his-own-good puppy, Spencer. It was great to get away and enjoy a change of scenery and some warmer weather. I also got the chance to check off yet another task on the 101 list!

No comments: